Self-Employment in a Digital Age
About the project:
Self-Employment in a Digital Age provided participants with the transformative opportunity to connect and learn from leading industry experts, further develop their professional skills and build sustainable wide-reaching home-based businesses. With over 400 applications received, needless to say, demand was high for the program, yet only 42 of the most ambitious candidates were selected to join.
It is important to note that the program addressed the growing demand for digital marketing as the emergence of home-based businesses and the transition to virtual work surged during COVID-19. Suffice to say, the viability of many smaller establishments was put at risk and required the support of skilled digital marketers to help them increase their visibility in targeted markets. MC's integrated approach incorporated a range of services offered in the field of digital marketing, such as social media management, brand building, business and market access, photography, and motion graphics, to name a few.
Youth with a background in digital marketing
Project participants took part in a series of training courses that revolved around digital and social media marketing, business and market access, business communication, motion graphics, and photography, to name a few. In addition, MC matched each participant to a dedicated mentor that guided them through the process of developing their professional skills and launching their home based-businesses.
- 42 self-starting digital marketers joined the virtual incubation program.
- 96 hours of digital marketing training provided.
- Over 900 group and individual mentorship hours delivered.
- 5 key expert mentors recruited.
- 42 self-starters linked to 37 business and industry experts for individually tailored mentorship.
- Network of diaspora mentors from around the globe.
- Digital technology equipment delivered to 40 self-starters.
- Hosted 6 guest speakers from inside and outside of Palestine.
- Over 80 secured clients by self-starting digital marketers.
- Average monthly income of over 100k NIS collectively for self-starting digital marketers.
- Established a dedicated platform for digital marketers in Palestine and across the region to reach markets and offer their services.
Application process and participant selection
Digital marketing training
Market access support
Virtual business launch
Virtual incubationParticipants join the virtual incubator and learn from global experts.
Digital MarketingParticipants enhance their specialized digital marketing training.
MentorshipParticipants are matched with mentors that compliment their professional development needs.
Market AccessParticipants are connected to local and regional market opportunities.